Thursday, January 16, 2014

A New Chapter

A couple years ago I started this blog partly as an experiment and partly as a way to formalize and expand on my investing notions by putting them into print.  A few of you were good enough to read my ramblings and even comment on them, for which I am grateful (spammers aside).  However, I was greatly hampered by a need to maintain anonymity and I felt the need to avoid a number of topics due to the nature of my employer.  As of today, I am no longer subject to those constraints.  I can come out of the shadows and comment on whatever I like.  I will also have the time to cover some new topics, perhaps surface some new investment ideas, and revisit some old post topics that are worthy of further discussion.  I intend to submit some work to Seeking Alpha as well and plan to experiment with both exclusive and non-exclusive listings on that venue.

First, a bit about me.  I have been an active investor since 1998.  I am a CFA charterholder and hold an MBA from NYU-Stern.  Over the last 20 years I have been a bank and insurance company regulator, a hedge fund securities analyst, a ratings agency analyst and a consultant.  Going forward I intend to pursue such business and investment opportunities as may present themselves while amusing myself and hopefully my readers.

I look forward to digging up new opportunities to share with my readers and offer up whatever meager knowledge I have accumulated for your education and amusement.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you uncloak your blog, Andrew!

    Next we're looking forward to your tell-all memoirs...

    ReplyDelete